Business VoIP FAQ
What is VoIP?
- VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, is a technology that allows you to make and receive phone calls and faxes over the Internet instead of through the telephone network.
- Integrate voice and data over a single network
- Leverage your IT investment
- Flexible telephony solutions
- Savings are often 30% or more
- Efficient use of capital expenditures
- Yes, in virtually every case.
How reliable is AVAD VoIP service?
- We guarantee our service 99.99%. Many of today's largest corporation are using VoIP.
- No. Our services are designed for businesses with 5 or more handsets.
- We also work with companies that need flexibility in their telecom products — those who have many remote or satellite offices, or with employees who work from home.
- Call us and talk to us about your needs. We'll find a solution that's right for you.
- No. Depending on your technology strategy, AVAD may be the perfect strategic partner. By moving your telecom technology to AVAD, you get the most powerful telephony tools available. Contact us and talk to us about your needs. We'll find a solution that's right for you.
- That's our job, we'll be able to provide the right solutions for your company's needs.
Will my business be more productive with AVAD?
- Yes. With AVAD VoIP, your business has many powerful tools to enhance productivity. Our Sales team can help you decide which of our programs, is right for your company. And if you become a customer, we will continue to help you maximize the value of your AVAD VoIP system.
- It won't be. The cut-over will be well planned and executed. You can keep your existing telephone system in place up and until you decide our system is ready to go. Your employees will be able to use both systems side by side until they get comfortable. We do the installation behind-the-scenes.
- Not always. Depending upon your internet connection usage requirements, you may be able to use a cable or high quality DSL connection. A T1 connection is always preferable. AVAD can assist you in acquiring T1 service.
- In most cases YES. Let our Sales and Customer Service team help you with a contractual review.
- No. IP Voice replaces your traditional PBX system. You still use telephones to make calls. However, AVAD supports the ability to use a headset and soft phone on your computer.
- Yes. VoIP phone calls share the Internet connection with other computers that are on the network. For full quality control we recommend using a router with Quality of Service capabilities such as Edgewater routers. This will configure voice traffic to have priority over data for consistent high call quality. When not on the phone, the entire bandwidth is available for data access!
- You don't need to manage anything, that's what we're here for. Our professionals deliver the best features and network available.